Since the Cystic Dreams Fund started in 2011, we've been able to make over 70 grants throughout 39 states because of the generous donations from people like you! These grants have gone to adults and children with CF and their families to assist with costs associated with managing their disease.
We'd like to share with you some of the stories of those folks we've been able to help with the funds we've raised and the generous donations we've received.
• Tina has two children with cystic fibrosis. Her un-insulated home required enormous amounts of electricity to heat last winter. When she could not pay the entire amount owed, her power was turned off. We were able to help her get power restored. There have been several cases of other families having difficulty paying for electricity which is essential for keeping medications cooled and doing inhalation treatments.
• Kristy needed help with post-‐transplant expenses. We know how costly those drugs can be, and were happy to help her.
• Jayla is the youngest of five children, and the only girl! Her parents needed help with her medical expenses after she had several hospitalizations.
• Some parents have more than one child with cystic fibrosis. Even with good insurance, expenses mount. That’s why we helped Emily's and Joshua’s parents with a medical grant.
• Denise needed funds for her double lung transplant as she had to travel a great distance to get the surgery. We were happy to contribute to her transplant fund.
• Many requests have come from cf patients needing air purifiers. We are pleased to have been able to help Melissa, Mark and Shannon, among others.
Here's how your support directly impacts lives.
"Your support allows me to financially afford treatments and medications while trying to pursue a career and enjoy life! I am so grateful - thank you for this blessing."