Since the Cystic Dreams Fund started in 2011, we've been able to make over 400 grants throughout 47 states because of the generous donations from people like you! These grants have gone to adults and children with CF and their families to assist with costs associated with managing their disease.
We'd like to share with you some of the stories of those folks we've been able to help with the funds we've raised and the generous donations we've received.
• Tina has two children with cystic fibrosis. Her un-insulated home required enormous amounts of electricity to heat last winter. When she could not pay the entire amount owed, her power was turned off. We were able to help her get power restored. There have been several cases of other families having difficulty paying for electricity which is essential for keeping medications cooled and doing inhalation treatments.
• Kristy needed help with post-‐transplant expenses. We know how costly those drugs can be, and were happy to help her.
• Jayla is the youngest of five children, and the only girl! Her parents needed help with her medical expenses after she had several hospitalizations.
• Some parents have more than one child with cystic fibrosis. Even with good insurance, expenses mount. That’s why we helped Emily's and Joshua’s parents with a medical grant.
• Denise needed funds for her double lung transplant as she had to travel a great distance to get the surgery. We were happy to contribute to her transplant fund.
• Many requests have come from cf patients needing air purifiers. We are pleased to have been able to help Melissa, Mark and Shannon, among others. Compression vests are essential for treating cystic fibrosis. They are extremely expensive even with insurance help. We have helped countless families with vest payments.
COVID-19 is devastating for the cf community. Job losses because of economic shrinkage coupled with the fear of bringing the virus home to a vulnerable family member creates economic distress for many families.
Thanks to our generous donors, we were able to assist 40 cystic fibrosis patients and their families in 2020. Please help us continue this important work by making a contribution. we need your help now more than ever.
Although we were unable to host any fundraising events in 2021, the requests kept rolling in. Thanks to our very generous donors, we offered grants to 35 individuals and families impacted by cystic fibrosis. Many thanks to those who support The Cystic Dreams Fund which qualified this year for the Guidestar Silver Transparency Shield.
The threat of COVID still loomed over us, preventing us from planning and executing a major fundraising event. We did appear at a Northeast Comic-con event in March to raise funds and spread awareness of cystic fibrosis. This, plus the kindness of our donors allowed us to make 31 grants this year. Thank you for supporting our important work,
Here's how your support directly impacts lives.
"Your support allows me to financially afford treatments and medications while trying to pursue a career and enjoy life! I am so grateful - thank you for this blessing."